Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Thwack Addicts

One of the boarding clients at my work made the mistake of expressing an interest in mounted archery, so I took the time to give her the basics as it was a way to get me back to shooting regularly at work. For the last two months we have been trying to get together 2 or three mornings a week to pend a half hour or so just shooting, working on form and flow.

She commented that the sound of the arrow hitting the target was addictive, and she is not wrong. Thwack! = a rush of positive endorphins and excitement: it's an immediate reward for success.

So I coined the term Thwack Addict to describe us. It's pretty accurate. I am looking forward to shooting more regularly.

She has really come along, and even gotten her husband involved. He's had two sessions with me already, and soon, theywill be going to our local archery supply store to get their basics set up, as belated Valentine's gifts. It's appropriate: Cupid is an archer, after all!




No comments:

Post a Comment