Friday, June 14, 2024

Sleeping Wisdom

So I downloaded a sleep tracking app earlier this year, and one of the things it does is record talking and ambient noise. Last night I was apparently coaching in my sleep. There were a couple instances of "That's good, that's good, and.. there it is!" Which are things I mumble while watching a student in their free practice time at the end of a session. 

Apparently I was discussing mounted archery saddles, as well: "There's modular, and flatback: depends what you need."

But my favourite bit was the words to live by: "If the basics are correct, you can get as fancy as you want." Very true, and pertinent to all the areas I am working on in myself.


There has been a lot of talk in my historical rec group about paths to peerage, as the Board has opted to create a missile weapon Peerage, and noted that this would include certain aspects of equestrian. I've been reading along with the discussions on the equestrian groups on FB, and participating when I feel I can add something yo ghe discussion. It's ked to some very solid evaluations of what an Eq peerage would look like, including a solid, in depth discussion of a "correct" seat, and even some specific case advice. It is insidious to note that I tick literally all the boxes of what should constitute a Peer in Eq on any list that was posted, especially the teaching, training and building aspects. I wonder if anyone recognises that? If so, I have to wonder where I'm lacking.


It's probably presentation. 

It is a very good thing I redirected my energy in the SCA to enjoyment rather than following a Path, especially one that at times, feels like scorched earth. 

 /sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment